We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across the UK. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision.
About the Role:
As an Account Manager, you will be at the forefront of our expansion, helping to rapidly grow our revenue from our customer base. It will be important to develop increased share of wallet and profitable business from customers within your portfolio, growing their spend with YardLink month on month.
Reporting into the Head of Sales, your main tasks will be:
- Researching your customer base to identify all key decision makers and influencers.
- Qualifying and pitching our service to decisions makers and influencers to gain and increase share of wallet.
- Understanding specific customer needs and developing the right approach to meet their requirements.
- Working to hit daily, weekly and monthly targets and keeping on top of your sales pipeline.
- Being creative and using your initiative to develop revenue within your customer base.
- Work with the Head of Sales to develop strategies for growing revenue within your customer base, ensuring it is profitable and repeatable.
- Maintain a record of all activity on the company CRM system and complete basic reports as required.
- Meeting and aiming to exceed sales targets.
- Demonstrating a high level of commercial acumen and use this to make smart decisions for the business.
- Actively working with whole sales team to ensure cross pollination of opportunities, leading to maximised conversion rate being achieved.
- Generating innovative ideas, based on feedback from the marketplace, to enhance YardLink’s offering.
- Communicating and collaborating daily with your line manager and the wider sales team.
- Providing 7* customer when engaging with your customers.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3 years+ B2B sales experience with a proven track record of attaining and exceeding targets. Previous experience of selling within construction industry is an advantage.
- Excited by the idea of a tech platform helping to transform the procurement process for construction companies, enabling projects to be delivered on-time and within budget.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership. You understand that growth businesses are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of change.
- Demonstrable skills in negotiating and selling.
- Determined, tenacious and resilient.
- Highly confident and comfortable selling to key decision makers and influencers within customers. Comfortable selling at site level as well as in offices with the tenacity to ‘find a way’ to convert opportunities, up sell and cross sell.
- Comfortable selling over the phone, through video and face to face, with a proven track record of winning opportunities using all 3 forms of communication.
- Tech savvy. comfortable working with our CRM solution and software.
- Passionate about getting the best outcome for our customers and suppliers
- Strong communicator. Articulate with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Team player and fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other out.
- A confident approach to selling to our customers and suppliers.
- A willingness to learn. A sense of intrigue and curiosity to be able to ask questions of our customer base.
- A self starter and proactive individual with a 'can do' attitude.
Why Join YardLink:
We’re a growing team located in central London, dedicated to making YardLink a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business. You'll also have a unique opportunity to make a real impact and contribute to the success of a rapidly growing start-up.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role!